Recently at Hub Seattle we hosted a showing of Shift Change, a documentary about worker cooperativism. Afterwards we had a panel discussion with folks from One Pacific Coast Bank, Equal Exchange, and the filmmakers themselves. A number of great resources came up during the discussion that I want to remember, so I will put them here for handy reference by all of us!
http://shiftchange.org/ – the movie website
The Northwest Cooperative Development Center – http://www.NWCDC.org
The US Federation of Worker Cooperatives http://www.usworker.coop/front
The Ohio Employee Ownership Center http://www.oeockent.org/
The Democracy at Work Network http://www.dawn.coop/ (Alison Booth of Equal Exchange is a peer advisor here)
SLICE (strengthening local independent cooperatives everywhere) http://www.slice.coop/
A local networking opportunity – Cooperative Seattle http://cooperativeseattle.org/
The National Cooperative Business Assocation http://www.ncba.coop/ncba/home
Special thanks to Alison Booth Gribas (recently married, congrats!) of Equal Exchange for adding the following:
Coop Development and Support Organizations:
- US Federation of Worker Cooperatives and the Democracy at Work Institute maintains an amazing library of co-op info and how-tos. (The USFWC also co-hosts Western Worker Coop Conference, taking place at worker-owned Breitenbush Hot Springs in September 2013!)
- The Democracy at Work Network is a project of DAWN and offers peer technical assistance and education for and about worker co-ops.
- Regionally, our talented and friendly colleagues at the Northwest Cooperative Development Center – the NWCDC work on a variety of issues for coops of all sectors.
- The Ohio Employee Ownership Center http://www.oeockent.org/
- Seattle-based SLICE (strengthening local independent cooperatives everywhere) http://www.slice.coop/
- A local networking opportunity – Cooperative Seattle http://cooperativeseattle.org/
- The National Cooperative Business Assocation http://www.ncba.coop/ncba/home belongs in a good resource list 🙂
- www.Toolboxfored.org – popular education about the new economy, including Coopoly!
- www.Cultivate.coop – a coop wiki
- Equal Exchange’s “Win-Win Solutions” for grades 4-9: http://www.equalexchange.coop/educationaltools (the first item “Download Win-Win Solutions…” – it is about Fair Trade and cooperative economics with a focus on cacao farmer co-ops)
- OnCoop’s “All for Each” curriculum for high school students: http://www.ontario.coop/programs_services/lifelong_coop_learning/all_4_each_coops_in_the_classroom
- Equal Exchange-Babson College curriculum for graduate school/MBA programs: http://cooperative-curriculum.wikispaces.com/